Senaste nytt

Rodløs dansker drager mod syd...

pep

Medlem
Smed dette ind til SKYTRAX:

Flew CPH-AMS-KGL with KLM on my birthday 13th Oct. 2021. Both flights on time or early. Check-in at desk in CPH smooth (Sky Priority) but other passengers had long waiting times. Luggage handled perfectly and smoothly. Got smoothly away with 50 kg inscribed luggage and some 18 kg hand-luggage. Lounges provided prior to both departures. Boardings / deboardings were easy and on jetbridges, except at final destination where a bus took us 150 meter (no carbon prize!) from aircraft to arrival hall..

Leg 1: CPH-AMS
In Copenhagen airport, lounge was provided to Aviators’ Atelier Relaxium Business Lounge – hard name to remember…Surprisingly, it was open even at these inhuman ultra-early morning hours from 05 a.m. The lounge was good with solid buffet breakfast, mainly cold, tasty sandwiches on newly baked, hot bread, “rundstykker”. Aircraft was a well maintained B737-8. Despite being full, the service onboard was granted smoothly, including a good variety of snacks and cold and hot drinks. To my surprise, KLM had lured that I had birthday and congratulated me by name in front of other passengers in the fully packed aircraft. They then provided a handwritten, personal greeting and gave me a bottle of champagne on a tray with a design glass. Nice touch and icebreaker in an otherwise cold, surly, silent, morning atmosphere at 6 a.m.

Lounge in Amsterdam provided was the KLM Sky Team “Lounge 52” in non-Schengen area. Very, very impressive design, views. Spacious was incredible. Must be the biggest lounge in Europe with 1500 seats? The drinks and dining was not up to the lounge appearance. No Asian dishes available, even noodles. Only one beer brand is offered in the entire lounge: Heineken – they must have paid a lot for this monopoly? 1st floor a la carte restaurant (food for purchase) while downstairs all the buffets and bars and other “areas” dominates.

Leg 2: AMS-KGL
On an A330 ageing plane. Flight arrived on time, though departing 20 min. late. Smooth seating and embarking procedures. Was greeted by name. Elite status and some ground work in Lounge with KLM eventually earned me an entire row for myself (4 seats) which was appreciated in an almost full plane though IFE was not working in that row. IFE was poor, old, and many passengers could not make it work. WiFi was present but neither really useful nor accessible. FAs were walking around in raincoats making them sweat, ridiculous, slow, and uncomfortable. Two hot meals were provided within this 8-hours trip. Food quality was substandard, just palatable. I had prepaid a special “Celebration Meal” which was delivered to perfection, but the food quality was not up to specifications and turned out to be just palatable. The meal costed me 35 USD which was not worth it as I was consequently, unknowingly deprived of the standard meals as for other passengers. Drinks were provided from trolley but not really flowing, and, outside meal service times, only if passengers actively requested them were they accessible. White wine was disgusting (Chenin Blanc grape), red wine was doable, and beer options were lacking (apart from the lalala...industrial Heineken). Coffee, tea and deserts were also of poor quality.

In conclusion KLM is still a legacy carrier. The trip provided good value for money as I paid only 500 USD for the ticket (t/r), returning a couple of days prior to X-mas. Earned me 60 XP and 3000 miles for Flying Blue.
IMG20211013063803[1].jpg IMG20211013063914[1].jpg IMG20211013063735[1].jpg

Toppen