Senaste nytt

Kanada öppnar gränsen för vaccinerade från 7:e september 2021

Homer

Medlem
Pressmeddelande från kanadensiska regeringen

Government of Canada announces easing of border measures for fully vaccinated travellers

International flights carrying passengers will be permitted to land at five additional Canadian airports

July 19, 2021 | Ottawa | Public Health Agency of Canada

On September 7, 2021, provided that the domestic epidemiologic situation remains favourable, the Government intends to open Canada’s borders to any fully vaccinated travellers who have completed the full course of vaccination with a Government of Canada-accepted vaccine at least 14 days prior to entering Canada and who meet specific entry requirements.

As a first step, starting August 9, 2021, Canada plans to begin allowing entry to American citizens and permanent residents, who are currently residing in the United States, and have been fully vaccinated at least 14 days prior to entering Canada for non-essential travel. This preliminary step allows for the Government of Canada to fully operationalize the adjusted border measures ahead of September 7, 2021, and recognizes the many close ties between Canadians and Americans.

Subject to limited exceptions, all travellers must use ArriveCAN (app or web portal) to submit their travel information. If they are eligible to enter Canada and meet specific criteria, fully vaccinated travellers will not have to quarantine upon arrival in Canada.

mer här:
Government of Canada announces easing of border measures for fully vaccinated travellers - Canada.ca

Senator

Både Canada och USA har Labor Day som röd dag. I år faller denna på 6:e september. Jag tror inte valet av datum är helt tillfälligt. Min gissning är att att USA annonserar samma datum med quid pro quo för Canada i augusti och 7:e september för ESTA länder,

Doctor-X

Medlem
Både Canada och USA har Labor Day som röd dag. I år faller denna på 6:e september. Jag tror inte valet av datum är helt tillfälligt. Min gissning är att att USA annonserar samma datum med quid pro quo för Canada i augusti och 7:e september för ESTA länder,

Tror samma på samma upplägg. För mig som följer Kanadensisk media har man läst att det varit hårt tryck från amerikanska politiker i stater angränsande till Kanada att öppna gränsen från så väl amerikanskt och kanadensiskt håll sedan ett par månader tillbaka, just för handel och turistnäringen. Hoppas att USA godkänner Astra som vaccin (mest för att jag själv fått det :p), då det är miljoner med kanadensare som fått Astra och det vore lite märkligt om alla dessa skulle undantas.

Homer

Medlem
White House won't commit to reopening northern border, despite announcement from Canada - CNNPolitics
"We are continuing to review our travel restrictions and any decisions about reopening travel will be guided by our public health and medical experts," press secretary Jen Psaki told reporters at the White House briefing.
"We take this incredibly seriously but we look and are guided by our own medical experts. I wouldn't look at it through a reciprocal intention."

Canada will finally open its borders, first to the US - CNN
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security declined to say Monday whether it planned to renew or modify its own border restrictions with Canada.
The two countries will need to decide by Wednesday whether to renew their shared border restrictions for another month, as they have done since March 2020, or modify them.
Canada’s public-safety minister, Bill Blair, said Monday that he was told the U.S. expects to renew its current restrictions.

Hachans

Medlem
White House won't commit to reopening northern border, despite announcement from Canada - CNNPolitics
"We are continuing to review our travel restrictions and any decisions about reopening travel will be guided by our public health and medical experts," press secretary Jen Psaki told reporters at the White House briefing.
"We take this incredibly seriously but we look and are guided by our own medical experts. I wouldn't look at it through a reciprocal intention."

Canada will finally open its borders, first to the US - CNN
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security declined to say Monday whether it planned to renew or modify its own border restrictions with Canada.
The two countries will need to decide by Wednesday whether to renew their shared border restrictions for another month, as they have done since March 2020, or modify them.
Canada’s public-safety minister, Bill Blair, said Monday that he was told the U.S. expects to renew its current restrictions.

Japp, att inte USA meddelar samtidigt är rätt oroande!

ulagun

Medlem
FInns alltså hopp om att kunna se NHL hockey live igen.
Saknar verkligen nördiga tråden om uppleva sport events live i Nordamerika

Homer

Medlem
Det här avser landgränsen, flyga Kanada-USA har väl varit tillåtet hela tiden?

Kanada.jpg

https://twitter.com/DHSgov

Last edited:
Toppen