Senaste nytt

Recreating the inflight experience at home

Redaktionen

Medlem
SAS-biz-720x300-564x211.png

These days most of us are stuck at home, longing to get back up in the air. As we miss the comfort of flying First or Business Class around the world, we’ve prepared a few ideas on how to bring the inflight experience into your own home. Welcome onboard and enjoy your time at home like never before!

1 – Surprise your partner with a hot towel before dinner

Many airlines have temporarily suspended hot towel service from their premium cabins, but that’s not stopping you from offering it at home. We guarantee a look of surprise if you offer your partner or family hot towels before dinner. Or even better, do like Qatar Airways and offer a choice between a hot or cold towel when settling in.

Read more about Qatar Airways Business Class here

Qatar-Businessclass.png

2 – Dom or Krug?

While this may not be the time to splurge, we still believe in the famous quote of Madame Bollinger: “I drink Champagne when I’m happy and when I’m sad. Sometimes I drink it when I’m alone. When I have company I Consider it obligatory. I trifle with it if I’m not hungry and drink it when I am. Otherwise, I never touch it – unless I’m thirsty”. So perhaps it’s time to recreate the Singapore Airlines First Class experience and ask if you prefer the Dom or the Krug.

Read about the wine experts of Singapore Airlines here

SQ-First-Class.png

3 – Enjoy some warm nuts

Have you ever had warm nuts at home? While passengers in premium cabins enjoy warm nuts with their pre-dinner drink, the idea of heating nuts at home may seem awkward. We suggest you give it a try and recreate that premium feeling in your own kitchen. Just preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius, spread some almonds and cashews in a single layer on a baking tray and heat for 10-12 minutes. Close your eyes and think of SAS Business Class.

Information about SAS Business Class is available here
SAS-biz-720x480.png

4 – Be inspired by a celebrity chef

Several airlines work with a panel of local or international chefs, or even partner with celebrity chefs to create dishes for their inflight menus. While we may not be able to enjoy these culinary delights just now, perhaps this is the time to go hunting online for inspiration? TAP Air Portugal proudly works with a panel of five Portugese chefs to create their menus, so how about some chicken piri-piri or pastel de nata with a celebrity twist?
Read about the TAP Air Portugal “Taste the Stars” concept here

TAP-culinary-720x241.png

5 – Plan something exotic for dinner

We love airlines that make an effort to offer local food and beverages on their inflight menus. Ethiopian Airlines is another such airline, where passengers can enjoy colorful national dishes such as a mixture of meats, vegetables, spices and sauces, served along flat bread called Injera. Ethiopians traditionally eat their meal with their hands, but we leave it up to you. Try a new recipe at home, or order something for delivery that you’ve never tried before.

Read more about Ethiopian Airlines Business Class here

Ethiopian-biz-720x480.png

6 – Have dinner face to face with your partner, on a small table

Airlines such as Qantas, SWISS and Etihad have designed their First Class cabins in a way that lets partners dine face to face. Recreate this experience at home by setting a nice table with a white tablecloth, exclusive china and your best silverware. Just remember to use a slightly too small table, and one of you should be sitting less comfortably than the other…
Read about Qantas First Class here

Qantas-First.png

7 – Make coffee like the Austrians

Many airlines now offer great coffee in First and Business Class, but nobody seems to put in more effort than Austrian Airlines. The airline created Flying Coffee House in a tribute to the Viennese coffee house, a typical institution in the Austrian capital. Our favorite is the Wiener Eiskaffee which is served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, but there are 10 more delicious options available. Serve your coffee on a small silver tray to recreate the Flying Coffee House at home.

Read more about Austrian Business Class here

8 – Spend all day in a pyjamas

Has there ever been a better excuse than now to spend all day lounging around in a pyjamas, drinking Champagne and eating caviar? It’s time to put those airline pyjamas you have hidden away somewhere to good use! We got excited when Emirates introduced the world´s first moisturizing sleepwear back in 2018. Designed to prevent skin dehydration, the unique fabric was crafted with natural ingredients such as Shea butter and Argan Oil. Emirates even offers the pyjamas for sale in their online store.

Order the Emirates First Class pyjamas here

Emirates-pyjamas-720x569.png

9 – Buy some really nice bed linens<

While passengers in the past had to accept poor quality bedding in the air, times have changed! One of our favorites is offered by United Airlines, which partnered with Saks Fifth Avenue to make passengers in United Polaris extra comfortable. Premium cabin experiences on US carriers is unfortunately not known to be the best in the world, but here United really excelled! Reflect on the quality of your own bed linens the next time you change them!

Read more about United Polaris here

Polaris-United-720x480.png

10 – Invite a flight attendant to work from home

OK, we accept that this option is not available to most people. The reality is nevertheless that thousands of cabin crew around the world are now stuck at home just like most of us, and that can get frustrating. We love this sketch that illustrates what it would be like for a flight attendant to work from home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPlR9n_6uas

Læs mere »

Toppen