Senaste nytt

IAG CEO Willie Walsh slutar, ersätts av Iberia:s Louis Gallego

Homer

Medlem
Intressant att han inte ersätts av BA:s chef...

IAG chief executive Willie Walsh is to step down from his post on 26 March, and plans to retire completely on 30 June.

He will be succeeded by Iberia chief executive Luis Gallego, says the British Airways and Iberia parent company.

Walsh had previously signalled his intention to retire from the company before he reached the age of 60.

“It has been a privilege to have been instrumental in the creation and development of IAG,” he says.

IAG says he will step down from the board on 26 March.

Chairman Antonio Vazquez credits Walsh with leading the merger and integration of BA and Iberia under the IAG umbrella.

“Under [his] leadership IAG has become one of the leading global airline groups,” he adds.

“Willie has been the main driver of this unique idea that is IAG. I hugely admire his commitment, strong leadership and clear vision, always ready to take on whatever challenges lay ahead of him.

“I am deeply respectful of what he has achieved as CEO of this group, of his sense of fairness, his transparency and his capacity to integrate people regardless of nationalities or backgrounds.”

IAG has yet to identify a successor to Gallego as the head of Iberia.

IAG chief Willie Walsh to retire in June 2020 | News | Flight Global

Ricci

Medlem
Intressant att de går för en CEO med EU perspektiv...Dvs markera att de är ett EU-bolag även efter Brexit?

igelkotten

Medlem
Alex Cruz har ju haft en del motgangar vad galler strejker och datalackorna. Iberia har ju a andra sidan gatt som taget - valdigt hog vinstmarginal (hogre an BA).

Dessutom, har ju IAG kopt Air Europe, vilket kommer krava ett omfattanda integreringsarbete i Spanien, sa kanske ar valet taktiskt dar ocksa?

igelkotten

Medlem
Fran Financial Times idag:

"Financially, IAG is cruising, however. Mr Gallego shares credit for that. As boss of Iberia, he pulled the Spanish flag carrier out of crash trajectory and made it one of the most profitable airlines anywhere. Its return on invested capital in 2018 of 13.2 per cent exceeded that of almost every rival, short or long haul."

AABack2ARN

Medlem
Och utöver det jobbar IAG (?) på att göra Madrid Barajas till en av de stora hub-flygplatserna i Euoropa som skall kunna konkurrera med LHR, FRA, AMS och CDG. Det kanske går lite enklare om man har en spansk chef vid rodret.

Vet inte om köpet av Air Europe gått igenom ännu men om/när det gör så, tror ni Air Europe också skall flytta till terminal 4?

Toppen