Senaste nytt

Lufthansa, status och COVID-19

Agö

Medlem
Följande mail i inboxen nyss. "Accomodating solutions for maintaining your status" vad nu det innebär i praktiken.

Dear Mr. X,

The spread of the coronavirus these past few days and weeks is affecting the lives of people worldwide and we are all confronted with great challenges. The aviation industry is facing unprecedented difficulties, which is why we have had to continually reduce our flights over the past few weeks. I am aware that in the end we were not always able to offer you the level of service you have come to expect from us. I sincerely apologize for this.

Onboard safety
As our valued customer, you trust us to take you to your destination responsibly and safely. Under the current circumstances, we are more aware than ever before how important it is to be a travel partner that you can rely on. Please rest assured that even in these uncertain times, your safety and well-being remain our top priority. The air in our aircraft cabins is a mixture of fresh air and circulating air that has been filtered. The use of special filters means that the cabin air is actually cleaner than the air we breathe down on earth. In addition, our aircraft cleaning methods meet the highest standards and we are continually reviewing our onboard service to make sure it meets the latest recommendations in hygiene and in order to make changes if necessary.

Repatriation flights
Due to the many increased travel restrictions in Europe as well as beyond the European borders, we will only be able to offer a minimal number of flights in the next few weeks. At the moment, we are doing everything we can to bring thousands of people back home who are stranded abroad due to local travel limitations. These past few days we have already carried out numerous repatriation flights and are planning many additional ones in cooperation with respective governments. If you are currently still abroad and would like to come home, please contact your local embassies or foreign offices as quickly as possible.

Flexible rebooking options
In these uncertain times, we would like to help our customers by expanding our rebooking options and making them more flexible. You may keep your ticket for a cancelled or future flight without the need to immediately decide on an alternative date for a new flight. The value of your ticket will not expire and you will even get a discount of 50 Euro on your rebooking. You may also rebook to a different destination. This applies to tickets booked through March 31, 2020 and which have a confirmed travel date of no later than December 31, 2020.

If you wish to rebook your flight, you may wait until after your originally scheduled flight date to contact the Lufthansa Group customer service or your travel agent. It is not necessary to contact customer service or a travel agent prior to the original flight date. Please take note that different guidelines apply to Eurowings. You may find further information anytime on our airline websites.

Increased waiting times
Due to the high volume of incoming calls, waiting times at our call centers are longer than usual, and I kindly ask for your patience. I also ask for your understanding that at this time it is our priority to take care of customers with time-sensitive travel needs.

Frequent fliers
We are aware that opportunities to earn status miles are currently limited. Over the course of this year, we will offer accommodating solutions for maintaining your status.

In this crisis, the world is facing a challenge that can only be met if we all work together. Along with the entire staff of the Lufthansa Group, we will do everything we can to take you safely to your destination because you, our customer, remain the focus of all our efforts. Please rest assured that we, the 130,000 employees of the Lufthansa Group, are doing everything in our power to support you in these difficult times.

Thank you for placing your trust in us.

Wishing you all the best, stay healthy and take care of yourself.

Christina Foerster
Member of the Board of Management
Customer & Corporate Responsibility

Tockstew

Medlem
Om man får provocera lite så är trådstarten lite ”defensiv”. Vad är dina synpunkter?
Jag tycker att det är en realistisk och kanske typiskt tysk platt redogörelse för sakernas tillstånd som varken gör mig mer eller mindre lojal.

Agö

Medlem
Om man får provocera lite så är trådstarten lite ”defensiv”. Vad är dina synpunkter?
Jag tycker att det är en realistisk och kanske typiskt tysk platt redogörelse för sakernas tillstånd som varken gör mig mer eller mindre lojal.
Bra sammanfattning. Inga synpunkter. Och ditt svar var inte heller särskilt provocerande, haha.

DrGold

Medlem
I vart fall ett gott tecken att se frågan lyftas från flygbolagets sida. Det betyder ju att frågan nånstans finns med på deras att-göra-lista. Att den sedan inte hamnar överst på listan just för tillfället är det väl svårt att ha synpunkter på...

Är det någon som sett SAS kommunicera något i samma ämne?

Om man har en biljett med Lufthansa 25/3 och vill boka om den till hösten, det är en ”vanlig ekonomibiljett” köpt genom resebyrå, hur bokar man om den?

StarFlyer

Medlem
Har ca 160.000 m&m poäng som förfaller på tisdag. Någon som hört huruvida LH förlängt giltighetstiden för poäng?

Tonton

Medlem
Har ca 160.000 m&m poäng som förfaller på tisdag. Någon som hört huruvida LH förlängt giltighetstiden för poäng?

Jag googlade lite men hittade ingenting om det.

Mitt stalltips är ju att du snabbt skaffar Miles and More-kreditkortet (Prime World) - då förfaller aldrig dina poäng så länge du använder kortet minst en gång varje månad. En billig "försäkring" för att behålla poängen - Ca 160 000 poäng räcker ändå nästan till 3 T/R i Business till USA på Meilenschnaeppchen.

StarFlyer

Medlem
Jag googlade lite men hittade ingenting om det.

Mitt stalltips är ju att du snabbt skaffar Miles and More-kreditkortet (Prime World) - då förfaller aldrig dina poäng så länge du använder kortet minst en gång varje månad. En billig "försäkring" för att behålla poängen - Ca 160 000 poäng räcker ändå nästan till 3 T/R i Business till USA på Meilenschnaeppchen.
Tack för tipset om kortet! Frågan är om man hinner få kortet och göra ett köp innan tisdag, väldigt tveksamt! Eller är det efter godkänd ansökan som poängen förlängs per automatik?

Ev. boka en ett par biljetter och hoppas man kan boka om och förlänga poängen på det sättet.

Tonton

Medlem
Tack för tipset om kortet! Frågan är om man hinner få kortet och göra ett köp innan tisdag, väldigt tveksamt! Eller är det efter godkänd ansökan som poängen förlängs per automatik?

Ev. boka en ett par biljetter och hoppas man kan boka om och förlänga poängen på det sättet.

Ja, det där är ju en bra fråga...Det vågar jag inte svara på.

Baserat på länken nedan så känns det som ditt enda alternativ, förutom då att kanske försöka boka upp något längre fram redan nu.

Mileage expiry - HELP | Miles & More

Toppen