Senaste nytt

Legendary Chef Alain Roux Opens Classy New Restaurant At The Balmoral

Redaktionen

Medlem
RFH-The-Balmoral-Brasserie-Prince-9999-JG-Jun-18-1024x683-800x300-564x211.jpg

The family name Roux is synonymous with quality. Father, Michel, is famed for the establishing the luxe French fine-dining Le Gavroche, which opened in London in 1967, as well as the Waterside Inn in the village of Bray-on-Thame five years later. Son, Alain, has been head chef of the bray establishment since 2002, continue its legacy of sky-high standards and Michelin recognition (it has three stars now).

So, with that said, when the Roux family opens a new restaurant located at one of Scotland’s finest hotels, you pay attention. Brasserie Prince by Alain Roux launched at The Balmoral, a Rocco Forte Hotel in Edinburgh, on June 11, celebrating the very best of Scottish produce with classic French cooking.

RFH-The-Balmoral-Brasserie-Prince-9905-JG-Jun-18-1024x683-720x480.jpg

Set on the ground floor of the five-star hotel, the new dining establishment, which has replaced Hadrian’s Brasserie and The Balmoral Bar, is a collaboration between both Alain Roux and father Michel Roux, O.B.E.

With colourful and vibrant interiors, Brasserie Prince showcase “sensational” French cooking inspired by Scottish ingredients. When talking about the new opening, Alain Roux says: “This exciting new brasserie will be defined by a seasonally changing menu rooted in French bistro dishes, irresistibly simple, delicious food.

RFH-The-Balmoral-Brasserie-Prince-9999-JG-Jun-18-1024x683-720x480.jpg

We will be led by the fantastic array of Scottish ingredients and flavours to include beautiful seafood platters and tasty sharing plates at the bar. I want to serve the dishes that I love to cook myself at home and seek out with family and friends when we go out to eat. It will be a menu informed by my French heritage but totally inspired by Scotland.”

The restaurant and bar will cater for 210, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as light bites and sharing plates at the bar, and seafood from the raw bar. Guests can expect a seasonal menu that will include hearty dishes featuring the highest quality products, from Scottish côte de boeuf to Plateaux de fruits de mer.

Kardinsky-1-916x516-720x406.jpg

Diners may also choose from the daily ‘Grand-Mère’s Specials’ which will encapsulate this unique alliance of cooking. These daily specials will include Boudin noir aux deux pommes, a rich dish of black pudding with caramelised apple and potato purée and Côtelettes d’agneu, lamb cutlets with couscous, sorrel and mint sauce.

Use our unique hotel search tool to find and book the very best rates for your stay at The Balmoral here.

Læs mere »

Toppen