Senaste nytt

En lykkeridder's rejse til Rwanda paa 9 ben der blev til 6...

pep

Medlem
Havde oprindeligt 9 ben fra Hue til Kigali. Men pga. Corona gik der meget i fisk i det hele (umuligt at komme til Kina), saa jeg endte op med kun 6. Oprindelig tur :
04 Feb20 12:15 HUI-HAN 13:30 VJ eco J incl. 25 kg
04 Feb20 15:45 HAN CAN 18:25 CZ eco V
04 Feb 23:59 CAN-BOM-KGL-LUN-JNB 15:15+1 WB biz P
05 Feb 20 17:25 JNB-NBO-KGL 09:10+1 KQ eco N

upload_2020-2-11_16-41-45.png

Efter aflysninger i sidste oejeblik aendret til
04 Feb20 12:15 HUI-HAN 13:30 VJ eco J incl. 25 kg
04 Feb20 15:45 HAN BKK 18:25 TG eco N
05 Feb 01:20 BKK-NBO-JNB 10:55 KQ biz I
05 Feb 20 17:25 JNB-NBO-KGL 09:10+1 KQ eco N
upload_2020-2-11_16-49-16.png

1. Vietjetair Economy 5/10
Hue to Hanoi on 4th February 2020 by VJ568 on A321. Airline is a hassle for bookings, additional fees and taxes, and flight changes are extortive expensive to make and implies better to forsake old ticket and buy a new. Tried to postpone my travel a day but they then let you pay for luggage and food once more which in my view is a pure theft. A ticket for 100 dollars will cost you 60 more to change for just 1 leg out of 2. Flights always delayed in this route, this time it became 30 minutes only. Meals sold on board were OK with many options. Luggage handled well.
2. China Southern. Economy 2/10
HAN-CAN-HAN to fly out 4th Feb 2020. I never flew, despite I had bought ticket 5 months earlier and arrived timely. The airline and the Vayama OTA betrayed me completely. And, I incurred to purchase a new ticket myself in last Minute as they cancelled (and refunded) the trip without informing me. I only knew after arrival to HAN that all their counters were vacated, without even a signboard to inform. This happened few just hours before departure and made me lose all further five connections. A lady came to me and said all flights to China (except HKG) were cancelled from today. She was proud to tell me that my ticket would be refunded. She had no clue what losses I was facing – the value of ticket was nothing compared to all my further connections. Had to go by Thai Airways instead via Bangkok (to Africa). They are useless and cowards when it comes to communication.
3. Rwandair Business 2/10
CAN-MUM-KGL-LUN-JNB in February 2020. Flight cancelled due to Rwandan Government’s Decision to suspend flights from China. They corresponded slowly and offered rebooking with ET which was risky and was 2 days later leaving me in China. I suggested much better alternative with Thai and Kenya Airways which would fit me perfectly. After some days of discussion they agreed and I rearranged positioning flights. Less than 24 hours before departure they declined to pursue their own, new rebooking due to “ticket stock issues” (= no interline agreement with KQ). I then had to purchase a last Minute ticket myself on the suggested routing (confirmed by Rwandair-China in-country manager). They now refuse to refund that ticket which costed me 1750 USD. Small airlines cannot cope well with serious issues. They suggest to refund the original ticket which I cannot accept as it would leave me stranded in Africa. Original ticket bought 5 months earlier as [promotional business] and I am not going to forsake it. We are still negotiating as I am now in Kigali and pursue refund relentlessly. It’s a tug of war.
4. Thai Airways Economy 8/10
Flew HAN-BKK on B777-200 4th February 2020. Initial routing was from Guangzhou China. Had huge problems in Hanoi airport as my flights to-from China were suspended due to Corona, so I had to rebook tickets in last Minute at check-in counters in Hanoi. Fortunately, competent Thai Airways staff and station manager helped me through as my ticket, which involved other airlines beyond BKK, was complicated and furthermore issued by a non-responsive OTA. Eventually, I paid cash 179 USD for a complicated ticket change which was OK despite I then accepted a downgrade from business to economy class. Inboard, food was fabulous to my taste (grilled snapper with rice mixture), and I managed to get 4 portions as there were plenty leftovers - many people don’t like fish. Other, tasty dish was creamy stewed chicken, also very good. Drinks provided and plenty, alcoholic as well though these were very hidden, not displayed on trolleys, and only discretely handed out. Bus gating in Bangkok from aircraft to terminal was an anti-climax of and otherwise very good trip.
5. Kenya Airways Business 6/10
Flew Bangkok-Johannesburg over Nairobi on 5th February 2020. Both flights on newer B787-8 aircrafts. Check-in and luggage handling went smoothly, but had to fight a bit with ground staff to get all my BPs issued on spot. Booking handling online works well. Their AF-KLM lounge offered in Bangkok is poor (like Thai Airways lounges) but their Pride lounge in Nairobi is good and spacious. Hardware on Kenya Airways is good and they are good on ground to tackle even complicated issues. The FAs are also good, plenty, observant. They are mainly Kenyans which does not help Chinese nor Thai passengers much. The very weak point of KQ is the food. Business class does not provide food any better than their Economy class and is plain, without vision, looking shabby. Competing airlines like Ethiopian, Turkish, South African, and Egypt serves much better and inspiring food in their economy class. Steel cutlery and table preparation nice. But that’s it. Dinner from BKK was a cold shabby dish with chopped salad and 3 ridiculous small pieces of sliced meatballs. Breakfast offered was inedible continental or fried rice. Very poor offerings. No meat, no cocktails, no cheeses, no icecream, no smoothies, chocolates, no fruits (watermelon does not count). Extremely poor catering, a disgrace for the airline. Beverages are shamefully very sparse, only 2 juices (apple or orange) are offered. Wines are only passable. Beers are cheap, waterish industrial stuff: 2 brands, Tusker and Heineken – not providing any alternatives to each other. No souvenir, no pyjamas, no luxury feelings at all. No lobster, no seafood, no caviar, no mutton, goat, pork, no beef, no chicken (maybe inside the breakfast sausage). FA staff admitted that economy class had the same catering as business though of course presented simpler. 1st flight on time, 2nd departed 1 hour late. Miles given quickly to Flying Blue. I will go again when the price is right. Lower expectation to food to zero and eat well at home or in lounge. Then it can be fairly good value for money when prices are promoted.
6. Bidwest Lounge Johannesburg 9/10
3rd party lounge of world class quality. I paid entrance and got the best and most delicious hot food available. Spacious. Extremely clean. Toilets so clean I feared to use them. Nice large smoking room with views and soft chairs. Huge and varied drink offers especially all sorts of South African wines and beers. Very good internet. Quiet area for sleeping. I will come again.
7. Kenya Airways. Economy 8/10
Flew JNB-NBO-KGL 5-6 Feb 2020; 1st on Dreamliner B787-800 and then Embraer 190 on 2nd leg. Almost on time; first flight fell 25 Minutes late. I had made a low, but successful bid for 2nd leg to be upgraded as it also gave access to Kenya’s Lounge in Nairobi which is good and spacious. Ticket cheap, bought from an online travel company. Kenya Airways have reduced luggage allowance for regional flights, with Silver level in their Flying Blue FFP I eventually managed to get a 2nd, huge suitcase, added to be check-in (first one included in ticket). Check-in, transfers, and communication went fine. Onboard, great service, lots of drinks as there seem to be a Happy Hour going on at afternoon/evening flights. Whenever passengers ordered juice, beer or wine they were instantly handed double up without discussion. I love that attitude. It gives a feeling of luxury. I have experienced this before with KQ (on their Dubai route). Food was good, two options with the possibility to add up more as long stock lasted. FAs were fine. Call bells answered. Duty free sales onboard worked well. The Dreamliner is great but space provided in economy is humiliatingly small. I was lucky to have 3 seats to myself to survive lack of leg and breathing space. Pride lounge in Nairobi is a breeze and I slept well till next morning to catch last leg as being upgraded. Last leg morning flight NBO-KGL was uneventful. Of 9 business class seats (1 x 2 configuration) only 3 were taken. No complaints apart from a joke of “breakfast” consisting of a tired, reheated croissant. No cheese, only jam to supply. Champagne and coffee/tea given on request.

pep

Medlem
Glemte at tilføje: Upgrade bid NBO-KGL var kun 60 usd som gav mig lounge, og 3 x XP. Deres regler siger, at XP rendered "according to original booking class" men jeg har ofte fået XP according to upgraded class . Upgrades med KQ er thumps up! ...og billige på korte ture..Jeg er nu saa tæt paa FB gold at tampen brænder....
Men 1-way last minute HAN-JNB kom til at koste mig i alt 1920 usd Jeg får nok lidt tilbage fra WB, men lad os se..

Last edited:
Toppen