Senaste nytt

En divers rejse fra Afrika hjem til Hue

pep

Medlem
Rejste fra KGL til HUI via FRA med 3 selskaber og 5 flights paa business og økonomi. Det meste med married segments for at optimere pris, diversitet, og oplevelse. Udturen er gengivert i En bevidst, omstændelig rejse fra Hue til Kigali | BusinessClass.se forum | 500 000 inlägg om resor Alle recensioner er gengivet i SKYTRAX, hvor jeg har leveret 242 til og med idag. Billeterne er købt som 2 sæt af returbilletter med positionering i Frankfurt, idet jeg herved udnytter en @Dr. Miles -deal mellem FRA-SGN. De resterende halve billetter brændes af efter nytaar hvor rejsen foretages i modsat frekvens (HUI-SGN-PEK-FRA-ADD-KGL-DXB-CMB-CGK-KUL-SGN-KUL-PNH-KUL-SGN-HUI). Masser af æventyr...:

7. Qatar Airways Business class 07/10
Flew Kigali to Frankfurt 14-15 December 2018 on A330-200 and B777ER respectively. Upgraded from N-class to U-class (business upgrade) for credits in their FFP. Flights on time despite economy was overly full on both sectors and even business also on last stretch (DOH-FRA). Check-in in KGL took ages due to incompetent 3rd part company who don’t know basic and ask a lot of superfluous questions which already are answered in the computer and on the BPs. Lounge decent, large, good snack and hot dishes - but no lane view as windows are blinded with ugly tape. Business passengers got special bus to drive 250 meters, a joke and waste of time and resources. Onboard: welcome drinks provided, food is embarrassing for QR and is getting worse and worse the 2 most recent years. FA’s and drinks are top notch, however. Hardware and precision is unchallenged. Q-suites is over-rated unless you fly in a group and want to be together. Was granted access to the Al Mourjan lounge in Doha which normally denies even One World elite travellers on upgrades. Terrible bus-gating in Doha driving in buses for hours like cattle on the way to slaughterhouse. Takes hours and undermine any feel of the qualities otherwise provided onboard. They have separate biz and monkey-buses to reduce the pain for elite travelers but the difference is minimal as all are reduced to public transport which only leaves when thew bus is full to last pax. A humiliation of dimensions. Worse is the charity announcements on board. Very introduce and ridiculous. Even worse is the 3 hours extended flying time from most African and South American countries due to the ban from UAE and others. This airline is down on its knees and the pains inflicted is felt upon the airline, crew, and passengers. Hope for happy resolution as the airline is basically top 5 and the staff are international – among the best of the best. But something starts to smell funny…

8. Air Canada Lounge Frankfurt Terminal 1 rate 9/10
What a gemstone ! Hidden treasure here in FRA, The lounge is of a good size, tarmac view, German sausages, hot dishes, weissbier, champagne, tranquility, good internet, and very kind and advising staff, despite I fly Air China, arrived 7 hours too early, had no BPs, but still they embraced me. Cadeaux to Air Canada (and Air China).

9. Air China Business Class 07/10
Travelled 15 Dec. 2018 FRA-BJS-SGN on a A330-200 and B737, respectively. Bought a super-promotional ticket for 1300 euro (return). Had other tickets with other airlines prior and after these 2 legs. Everything was OK. Access to Air Canada’s Lounge in Frankfurt granted with ease and pleasure even I arrived 7 hours prior to departure from Africa. I could not produce BPs as I could not find their transfer counter nor check in online. However, I got BPs at gate 2 hours prior to departure; issued within seconds. The cabins were all full. Good IFE, food, and amennity kit onboard. The Airport in Beijing is cumbersome and not recommended for beginners. In Beijing, I went to Air Chinas First Class Lounge which is a good, spacious business class lounge (they have two identical lounges of which one for some strange reason is called First Class. Could not access their internet which always give me problems in China. The lounge have nice sleeper roomlets and the showers are OK. All flights on time. Food and drinks were acceptable. FA-staff were hardworking and focused. They very polite though misunderstood most inquiries and requests. Excellent value for money. The last leg was on a small B737 and had only 2 rows in business class. Welcome champagne offered. Food just passable. Classic business class recliner seats were OK. No amenity pack given. No individual IFE and poor headsets.This leg can only score max. 6 of 10 but the first leg scores 8 of 10. Thus I provide them 7. A solid product. Recommended.

10. Vietnam Airlines Eco 7/10
Flew SGN-HUI 17 Dec 2018 on their A321. On time. Very cheap ticket, around 32 USD. No FFP miles were given, but other services included, inclusive of luggage provision. Schedule changed a bit a month prior to departure, but this was clearly informed by email. Fast check-in. Busgating in both ends is not my cup of tea. Onboard eventless but OK trip. Soft drinks provided to all. No personal IFE. Given exit row seat upon request at check in.

Toppen