Senaste nytt

Sätesblockering efter status

Homer

Medlem
Jag kan inte påminna mig att detta nämnts tidigare på detta forum, i samband med
Rollout of Altéa's FLY - new Departure Control System - FlyerTalk Forums införde BAäven ett system för sätesblockering efter status

In summary, from 72 hours before departure seating options will be restricted to enable better seating arrangements for high value customers.
This is defined as Gold and Silver (plus oneworld Emerald and Sapphire) passengers, however on fuller services it is the Gold passengers who benefit significantly more than Silvers. On less full flights Silvers will also get some favourable treatment.

Now this is a big difference from before: in the past certain rows were kept for Goldcardholders, such as front row CE, front row(s) on Domestic, but at T-72 an active Silver could often find a better seat further forward on the aircraft.
The pre-72 hour situation persists, and Silvers will see good seat options to that point, towards but not necessarily at the front of the cabin; But at T-72 there won't necessarily be any improvement options, and on fuller services, while Golds will get some good choices, Silver cardholders may not get access to these forward seats. See the next post for a worked example.

Implications in summary:
- If Gold, even if you book late you should get a good seat.
- If Gold there's a much higher chance of getting a blocked/empty seat next to you
- If Silver you best ensure you have a good seat before T-72. you can't assume you can improve on it after 72 hours. On the other hand you will get more seat options then than Blue or Bronze cardholders
- If Silver and in company then Theoretical Seating does open up adjoining seats if necessary
- If Silver and single, after T-72 while the seats on offer may be further back, it is possible that the passenger will have an empty seat next to them on less full flights.
- Silver cardholders face two downsides: not just losing the ability to get front row seats at T-72 in some cases, but also sometimes not being offered exit row seats which could be offered to Bronze passengers.
- If using ExpertFlyer, there is an option in My Account / My Account to enter your BAEC number. This will then show more accurately the seat options open to you. See the the worked example for details below.
- Bronze doesn't seem to get the benefit of seat blocking but may give access to good seats, sometimes better than Silver (exit rows) and better seating than Blue.

mer här
Theoretical Seating master thread: Blocked seats and status - FlyerTalk Forums

Canadien

Medlem
Ska bli intressant att se hur detta fungerar i praktiken. Gäller detta även longhaul att man som Gold har stor chans till seat block i WT / WT+ på även relativt fulla flighter?

Homer

Medlem
Ska bli intressant att se hur detta fungerar i praktiken. Gäller detta även longhaul att man som Gold har stor chans till seat block i WT / WT+ på även relativt fulla flighter?

Ja även longhaul, men hur fullt relativt fullt är vet jag inte, har ju funnits länge nu och det finns flera exempel i tråden jag länkade till.

En bra breskrivning:
Before T-72 - there are areas of the plane which are reserved out for statuses (Row 1 in CE for example).
Between T-72 and T-24, those areas will still be reserved out - but other areas of the plane will also now be blocked thanks to theoretical seating. Depending on who is where and how much is sold/assigned, those areas will vary - you can't predict it easily.
After T-24, it's then theoretical seating all the way.

Theoretical Seating master thread: Blocked seats and status - Page 10 - FlyerTalk Forums

Last edited:

gdaily

Medlem
Sjukt system om Brons kan välja exit rows men silver inte kan det, för övrigt skulle jag gilla ändringarna (om jag teoretiskt vore silver eller guld)

Jag har noterat på mina senaste flighter med BA att de blockat sätet bredvid mig och även att jag fått ny plats vid gaten (alltså att de ropat upp mitt namn och givit mig ett nytt boardingkort) i syfte att ge mig seatblock bredvid. Detta har även skett när jag flugit med Compass Airlines (dba American Eagle) och American Airlines.

Bra service.

Toppen